Formed in 1937, the New Zealand Deerstalkers’ Association is New Zealand’s recognised National body representing and speaking for hunter generally.
The fundamental aim of the association is to ensure that the organisation and management of recreational hunting in New Zealand is carried out by hunters.
Visit the NZDA National site here
Our Mission Statement is:
“to retain, enhance and create opportunities for the enjoyment of legitimate recreational hunting and the sport of shooting, for the members of the Association”
The principle activities of the Association are:
• Advocacy on behalf of New Zealand’s hunters and shooters.
• The promotion of hunting as a legitimate recreational pursuit.
• The promotion of running target, scoped rifle, & benchrest shooting.
• The promotion of sensible, effective, legislation on firearms ownership.
• The publication a quarterly magazine, “New Zealand Hunting & Wildlife”.
• The promotion of effective hunter education through the HUNTS programme.
• The collection of data, and publication of the New Zealand Big Game Trophy Record Book.
They organise National Competitions for:
• Antler, Horn & Tusk Trophies
• Range Shooting
• Literary & Research Contributions
• “Young Deerstalker of the Year”
The Southern Lakes Branch:
The Southern Lakes branch was formed in 1970. We meet at the Arrowtown Bowling Club, 6 Hertford St, Arrowtown (next to the Arrowtown Firestation) on the last Thursday of every month except December. Bar opens at 6.30pm and meeting starts at 7.30pm.
Come join us for social drinks before the club meeting
Prospective new members welcome
Club rules registered with Official Government Societies website on this link